I. DEFINITION OF PRODUCE
This standard applies to table grapes of varieties (cultivars) grown from Vitis vinifera L. to be supplied fresh to the consumer.
II. PROVISIONS CONCERNING QUALITY
The purpose of the standard is to define the quality requirements for table grapes after preparation and packaging.
A. Minimum requirements
In all classes, subject to the special provisions for each class and the tolerances allowed, bunches and berries must be:
- sound; produce affected by rotting or deterioration such as to make it unfit for consumption is excluded,
- clean, practically free of any visible foreign matter,
- practically free from pests,
- practically free from damage caused by pests,
- free of abnormal external moisture,
free of any foreign smell and/or taste.
In addition, berries must be:
- well formed,
- normally developed.
Pigmentation due to sun is not a defect.
Bunches must have been carefully picked.
The table grapes must be sufficiently developed and display satisfactory ripeness. The development and condition of the table grapes must be such as to enable them:
- to withstand transport and handling, and
- to arrive in satisfactory condition at the place of destination.
B. BERRIES SIZE
15 - 18 mm
Sweet with brix ~17%
Light green through to yellow and amber
|© 2001 SULTANAS EXPORT UNION ltd.